DRM/DRM+ Digital Radio Mondiale
Revision as of 12:21, 6 May 2012
There are some good options in order to receive and transmit DRM30 and DRM+ currently available.
- Dream The great free software DRM30 receiver and transmitter (see here to use Dream with USRP). Look for Pappradio for an affordable receiver hardware to use with Dream.
- Spark free (but not free software) DRM30/DRM+ (also FM/RDS and AM/AMSS) transmitter that supports direct RF output (possible hardware options include the USRP and Diragen). Also supports the use of the royalties-free codec CELT.
- Sodira free (but not free software) DRM30/DRM+ receiver.
- Diorama, Matlab implementation of a DRM receiver.
- Wavesink Michael Feilen's DRM+ software receiver which uses the a RTL2832 dongle to receive a DRM+ signal. The only DRM+ receiver that really works.
See also DRM_trial_II_in_Sottens reporting a test transmission made with Spark, USRP and an amateur radio amplifier on the decommissioned MW transmitter mast of Sottens