Install scripts for distributions
Debian 8 (Jessie)
The install script for debian Wheezy will be improved for Jessie.
In Jessie, it is not necessary to install ZeroMQ from source, it is preferrable to use the packages
Boost has also been updated from 1.49 to 1.55, but that should have no impact.
Debian 7 (Wheezy)
There is one installer script in development for Debian wheezy. It installs
- uhd (from debian packages)
- tons of dependencies and build tools (debian packages)
- ZeroMQ (from source) and its C++ bindings
- KA9Q libfec (from github source)
- ODR-DabMux (from github source)
- ODR-DabMod (from github source)
- Fdk-aac-dabplus (from github source)
- the scripts and examples from mmbtools-aux
It doesn't install gnuradio, maybe that would be nice too...
It requires sudo to be installed, and must be executed as a regular user (not root).
The script is maintained in the mmbtools-aux repository, and is here: https://github.com/mpbraendli/mmbtools-aux/blob/master/installer/debian.sh Download is easily possible using
Please make sure you understand what this script is doing before executing it!
The script has been tested on:
$ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Debian Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7.3 (wheezy) Release: 7.3 Codename: wheezy
The Debian script can be adapted to run on ubuntu by removing the build-dep for gnuradio and uhd, and removing the installation of uhd, but it is necessary to install gnuradio with uhd from separate sources before using the script.